Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another trip to Cali



I spent about a week in Fresno, CA, visiting the family. I hadn't seen them since Christmas, and I hadn't seen my new niece since she was born!

Grandma with little Elise.

It was nice spending time with everyone, although I probably could've done without the constant noise and activity that comes along with four children (even though I love them dearly).

What a ham.

Don't let those cute looks fool you. He's a trouble maker.


On my first full day there, we all drove up to Bass Lake for a day of relaxation. The weather was great, and the scenery was even better.





Alex looks longingly as the geese swim away.



The adults (including myself) mostly just sat around and ate.



Me and my big sister.



Corinne deep in thought.



The next day happened to be Corinne's 6th birthday, so we had even more kids over for cake and ice cream.



"Come on, guys, let's get this over with so we can eat."



"Mmm, that's some good lookin' cake."



"I only offered to cut the cake so I could lick the frosting."





My brother and his wife came over, he sporting one of his many Chuck Norris shirts. He's so silly.




He always winds up goofing around with the kids.



And Alex somehow got stuck in a chair.



The rare occasion when the whole family is together.



On my last night in Fresno, we went to a Fresno Grizzlies game; they're the AAA-affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. And they just happened to be playing the Dodgers farm team, with whom Andruw Jones was on rehab assignment!



Go Dodgers!



Andruw Jones in the flesh.



They had some weird eyeball race between innings. Not sure what that was about.




A good time was had by all.

No comments: