Saturday, April 02, 2011

Cherry blossom time!

It's time for my favorite rite of spring....the cherry blossoms! I went down to the Tidal Basin Friday afternoon, which was allegedly the last day of peak bloom. Surprisingly, there weren't many people there. Usually I have to push my way through the crowds, but this time I could walk around leisurely and take pictures without a dozen people walking through my shot. It was quite pleasant! I suppose the chilly and damp weather kept people away. I was actually a little hesitant to go myself, especially since I had just spent three hours in the freezing rain the day before.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures; you can view the rest on my Picasa page.


Not many people were out paddleboating this time.



These kids were playing tag and they almost ran into me. Surprisingly, I didn't get annoyed. I may have even (gasp) smiled a bit at their playfulness!

There were a lot of mud and puddles after all the rain we had, so I got a little artsy with them. :)


This is one of my favorite pictures. I love the composition and the light/shadows.

This is another one of my favorites. I like the soft colors and the way the background is slightly out of focus. It reminds me of a Bob Ross painting. Happy trees!


That's all for now. Be sure to check out the rest of my cherry blossom pictures on Picasa! P.S. I L-O-V-E my new camera!

No comments: